The January 2019 issue of the Greenwood District newsletter is now available.
Items of interest include:
- District Leadership Training, January 20
- District PPRC/Lay Leader Training, January 27
- Safe Sanctuary/Sexual Ethics Training Events
- District “Packing Party”
- Faith-Sharing Workshop
Click on the image to the left to read or download a copy of this month’s newsletter.
Everyone serving under appointment by the Bishop is required to have four units of sexual ethics/safe sanctuary training before June 1, 2019.
The Greenwood District is offering a training session on February 10, 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m., at Broad St. UMC, Clinton. Each participant will receive two credits of sexual ethics/safe sanctuary training. There is no charge to attend this training; however, registration is required. Click here to download the registration form. Local church Boards of Trustees and Disaster Response Team members are encouraged to attend this training. All pastors are expected to attend since this will be the February District Clergy Meeting.
Additional training events are scheduled in the Greenville and Spartanburg Districts. Click here to download the schedule of training events.
Pastors: Please contact your district administrative assistant to verify the number of credits you currently have.
Mark you calendars now and plan to attend the 2019 District Leadership Training Event, Sunday, January 20, 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m., St. Paul UMC, Saluda.
Jeff Campbell, Executive Director, Annual Conference Relationship, Discipleship Ministries, the United Methodist Church, will be the leader of this training entitled Developing an Intentional Discipleship System.
There is no charge to attend this training; however, registration is required. Click on the image to the left to download or read the informational flyer which includes details of the training event and registration information.
The due date for completion of reporting your 2018 church statistics is FEBRUARY 28, 2019.
Click on the image to the left to download or read the directions provided by the Conference Treasurer. Please pay particular attention to the following items found in the section “A few important things before you begin”:
– Login and password information.
– Church Federal Employer Identification Number.
– Action to take once all your tables are completed. This is the step that is most often overlooked. You must click on SUBMIT in order to record your data with GCFA and the Conference.
– Use only whole numbers. NO symbols such as commas, dollar signs, percent signs, etc.
Lastly, but just as important,
– Address any Warning that may appear on any Table. If you have questions about how to solve the warning, you may call the district office (864-223-2650) or the Conference Treasurer’s Office (803-726-6741).
– REVIEW ALL DATA ENTERED TO ENSURE THAT EVERYTHING HAS BEEN ENTERED ACCURATELY. Once you click on Submit to finalize your reports, you cannot change any of the data.